Daily attendance and active participation in each class is a critical part of the learning process. The following polices and procedures are designed to help students learn responsibility and increase their potential for success. As part of recognizing the importance of this issue, parents and student are responsible for both being aware of student’s attendance and correcting any error in a timely manner.
Students are not permitted to selectively attend certain classes/periods and have their parents excuse them. In cases of severe excessive absences, the District will initiate a truancy petition with the courts.
Excuse must include reason student was not in school.
Absences must be cleared within two days by a parent or guardian in one of the following ways:
- Email to Diana Oleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone call to the attendance office 425-408-6610. The machine is on 24 hours a day.
- Written excuse signed by the parent/guardian.
- Absences not excused within two days (48 hours) will remain unexcused absences. It is the student’s responsibility to have their parents excuse absences on time.
- Verification from a medical professional may be required for excessive absences.
All written and called in absences are kept on file.
Students must sign out in the attendance office at all times before leaving school including early dismissals for appointments or illness. Leaving campus without checking out in the attendance office is considered an unexcused absence. The attendance office will not accept notes or phone calls “after the fact”.